What is a Copy?
- Copy is a way of capturing the original and creating a Transcript of it.
Why is Copy Required?
- Copy of a UI item is required when one wants to use the same item in another page.
Copy in terms of Platform
- The Platform provides you a facility to copy a item from one page to another page.
Steps to Copy a component to already Existing Page
- Go to Customize Page.
- Click on the Component that you want to copy i.e from source page.
- Then click on Copy To button at the bottom of your Page Layout.
- Here a drop down appears with two options Existing Page and New Page. Here select the Existing Page option.
- Then a popup box will be displayed with Page name drop down box and Item Name LOV.
- Here you have to specify the Page Name.
- Then specify the Item Name by clicking on the Search option . This will provide you with all the Items that are there in the above selected Page.Then click on Select.
- Then click on Copy and the item will be automatically copied to the destination page and as a child to the corresponding Item selected.
- Now you can see that the Component is copied to the destination page and under the tabitem.