What is a Custom Search Panel?
- Custom Search Panel is also a type of search where you can define your own customized search area.
- You can define your search panel for any grid according to your requirement.
When do we use it?
- Custom Search Panel is used when your search criteria differs with the Default search provided by platform.
- If you want to query multiple data sources and display data in a grid, you can use a custom search panel where the search criteria includes not only columns of the corresponding grid but also columns from some other data source as well.
- A Pre Query Script is written to perform the Search Query.
What are the advantages?
- Gives a significant control on what to search for.
- You can define the order and sequence in which the Search columns appear in the Search area.
- You can write complex search queries using the Pre Query Script mechanism.
- You can make use of the Oracle Custom Search API.
How to Create Custom Search Panel?
- To create a Custom Search Panel go to customize page and click on the required grid where the custom search panel should be added.
- Click on new and select the item type as Custom Search Panel.
- Define the required fields below it.
- You can arrange them the way you want.
Sample Screen Shots
The below shown image is a custom search panel where the required fields are defined according to the search criteria.
Now perfom a search by specifyig the data in the search screen.
Properties Of Custom Search Panel:
To view the properties of Custom Seach Panel, goto Properties.