What is a Datasource?
A Datasource is a metadata definition of a Database Table or a View. A Datasource could be used ot store your application data. You can also create reports and dashboards based on the Datasource. You can also define ComboBox or List of Values to pull the data from a Datasource.
Designing a Datasource
As a first step, we recommend designing your overall approach. By gathering requirements and making key design decisions up front, you will be able to implement the solution more efficiently.
Answer the following questions:
- What fields and data types do you need?
- How would you logically group these fields into one or more Datasource?
- What are the mandatory fields?
- What fields can the user update?
- What fields can the user provide data while create a new record?
- Are there any fields you don't want the user to see for any security reasons?
- Are there any important fields you want to track changes?
- Are there any calculated fields that could be derived at runtime instead of storing it in the database?
- How much business logic is involved in managing the data?
- Where would you like the business logic to reside? In PL/SQL or Java?
- How are the Datasources related to each other?
Install & configure telidos platform on-premise or on a private/public cloud
Setup Authentication Method
Setup how your users access the applications. Setup the URL, choose the Authentication Mode between Google Account, Oracle EBS Account, Windows Active Directory & Platform Managed Account.
Define the Roles for your application
Define Datasource one for each Table and/or View for which you would like to either update or view the data.
Design your application across various screens/pages
Setup access grant to the above created pages & datasource to varous roles with varied access restrictions
Add users to your application
Administration → Data Source List
Click on the "Create New Data Source" button to create one or click on an existing data source name to view or edit.
Once you click on the edit icon beside the datasource, you have a popup that opens up.