What is a popup?
It is a new window that arises when a link or button is clicked.
- A Popup can be displayed by associating a PopUp Action to a button or a link, so when the button or link is clicked a popup is displayed.
How can we associate a popup widget to an item in the platform?
- A Popup can be displayed by associating a Popup Action to a button or a link, so when the button or link is clicked a Popup is displayed.
How to configure a popup?
- Go to customize page.
- Select button or link to which you would like to add a popup.
- Now here you add the child widget as a popup.
- Select the item type as popup.
- Click on new and add necessary widgets to the popup.
You can even specify a separate data source for the popup.
- Save it and go to the respective page
- Now click on the button and a popup is displayed.
A Popup to edit the details of the record in the Grid
- A Popup can be used to edit the details of the record in the grid.
- To the link we can add popup as its child.
- When the edit link is clicked on the record of the grid the respective details will be displayed on the popup.
- The Example above is a link placed in a grid.
- Now when you click on the link a popup arises where you can modify the task details and update it.
- Ability to Define Position to a Popup: Usually a popup is configured either as a child to button or a link. Now when you click on the button or a link you can configure the position of a popup by specifying the X Offset and Y Offset properties.