- Portal is a widget which is added to the content panel or layout container. We can add only portlets as childs to this portal.
- Portal allows you to drag the widget and resize accordingly.
- Each portal can be expanded and collapsed.
- We can add portlet as a child widget to portal and nowhere else.
- We can add portal inside a portlet but not portlet inside a portlet .
- We can add any type and any number of widgets to the portlet like Grid, Form Panel, Bar3d, bar2d, Pie Chart, Layout Container, Content Panel and Calendar etc.
Calender in portlet
Steps to create Portal
- Go to Customize page.
- Click on the widget under which you want to create a portal and Click on new button on top.
- Now select the item type as Portal from the property pallet which is on the right.
- Now select the Portal and Click on New button, and now select the item type as portlet.
- For the portlet you can add any type of widgets.
Properties of Portal:
Columns : Here you have to specify the number of columns that you want to. For example: If you want to display three portals side by side,then specify it as 3.